Friday, May 25, 2007

Racing - May 25th

Goodwood 2:35
Into the Dark 5/2
Illustrious Blue 4/1
Road to Love 6/1
Hard Top 6/1
Imperial Star 10/1

A real shame there's not 8 here - an ew bet on Illustrious Blue would have been unavoidable given his course form. I still have it between him and the Godolphin horse. Road To Love may bounce back but isn't backable on this year's form; Hard Top probably needs further or a bigger field, and Imperial Star's body seems to creak like mine after a game of tennis, plus he's got a penalty. I'll let the market decide which way I go here.


Goodwood 3:10
Rowe Park 5/1
Loch Verdi 5/1
Classic Encounter 8/1
The Lord 8/1
Magic Glade 8/1
Bluebok 8/1
Texas Gold 20/1

Surprised at how weak Rowe Park is. Loch Verdi looks an obvious improver given the relations, but this is first time out. The rest are all exposed although The Lord may be coming into form based on last year. There is a lot of early pace and if the going eases they could fall in a heap - Keniry will need the gaps but it would suit him (or indeed Texas Gold were he in any form first time out). I think I'll stick to my prices and play Rowe Park - certainly not a £500 challenge horse though.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - some drift on Rowe Park - I ended up with an average of only 9s - touched 12s. Still, can't complain, not when I did the forecast as well!

    Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Good pointers today, I got 9s as well, Thanks, Baz

    ReplyDelete