Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Racing - 2nd May

Poor card at Ascot really and only a couple of races to have any interest in, and both only ones to play the race - with no obvious standout bet.


Ascot 3:20
Cesare 9/4
Road to Love 7/2
Illustrious Blue 9/2
Dunelight 6/1

Looks to be plenty of pace and Road to Love may not get all his own way. Cesare looks to have the versatility to win regardless of pace. I'd take him and Dunelight over the other two, but will look again late on.


Ascot 3:55
The Last Drop 7/4
Hawridge Prince 9/4
Tungsten Strike 4/1

I'm a fan of Hawridge Prince but he still carries a penalty and this ground could be plenty quick enough. The Last Drop was a shade unlucky last time in a race he would have been plenty fit enough - (Hills would have wanted to win the Further Flight stakes - or some my staking went that day!). Tungsten Strike could be the fly in the ointment - going well fresh - after a disappointing end to last season. A tight market. As it stands I may play the race. I'm thinking Hawridge Prince could be overbet by a bunch of Sergeant Cecil fans and I may take him on with the other two.



£500 Challenge - no bet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment