Thursday, May 10, 2007

Racing - 10 May

Chester 1:50
Maraahel 1/2
Ivy Creek 11/2
Blue bajan 9/1

Looks straightforward for the favourite.


Chester 2:20
Kay Two 4/1
Mr Wolf 11/2
Bigalos bandit 9/1
Cape Royal 11/1
Guto 11/1
Turn on the Style 11/1
Dhaluar Dhar 16/1

I'd rather have kay Two over Mr Wolf, and of the lesser lights Bigalos Bandit interests.


Chester 2:50
Soldier of Fortune 4/6
Arabian Gulf 9/2
Metaphoric 9/2

Again. looks relatively straightforward for the favourite, but being a classic trial I'd rather play Maraahel at his price than Soldier of Fortune at his to be honest.

Chester 3:20
3 yr old handicaps not my thing, but I'd have Gulf express and favourite. He seems weak this morning but I'll back him at 9/2 or better.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:58 PM

    Good going mate .. I came across this site while I was browsing. I saw that you are advising bets to a certain amount of points, how do you decide how many point to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - welcome.

    For horse racing I use a 12 point scale.

    12 points equate to 2% of my racing fund. Where my bets are based on my tissue and supposed 'value' my win bets range between 3pts and 8pts - probably averaging out around 6pts - 1% of my fund. I use a bastardised version of the Kelly Criterion to decide on the range between 3 and 8pts.

    I also keep back 3pts per any of the races I have looked at which I use to 'play the race', looking more at my opinions on the race rather than tissue-based 'value'.


    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work .. very interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete