Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Racing 9th May and £500 Challenge

Chester 1:50
See www.theracingforum.co.uk under the Daily Lay and Plays (juveniles) section for a discussion of this race.

Chester 2:20
Light Shift 3/1
All My Loving 7/2
Hollow Ridge 7/1
Fidelia 9/1
Hanging On 9/1
Lost In Wonder 10/1
Fashion Statment 16/1

I'm not sure the front two are as clear here as the betting suggests. These listed fillies races are often impossible puzzles and this looks typically full of unexposed horses from stables who know how to look after the fairer sex. I'll probably play the likes of Fidelia and Hanging On (possibly a good day for Swinburn)


Chester 2:50
Galient 6/1
Flare Star 10/1
Som Tala 10/1
Nordwind 11/1
Enjoy the Moment 11/1
Greenwich Meantime 12/1
Admiral 12/1
Whispering Death 12/1
Under the Rainbow 16/1
Afrad 16/1
dancing Bay 33/1
Odiham 33/1

I can't remember doing well on this race over the years. Anak Pekan first time around is the only winner I can recall backing in the last ten years. So I think I'll play my four behind the favourite and hope for the best.


Chester 3:20
Stotsfold 9/4
Charlie Tokyo 5/2
Blythe Knight 12/1
Realism 20/1
Bazart 20/1
European Dream 20/1

I think the front two are clear here. Not sure how I'll play it - Charlie Tokyo weak, and I'll probably do sneaky Swinburn doubles so a watching brief for now.


Beverley 3:00
Tilt 7/2
Kilimandscharo 7/2
Nelsons Column 4/1
Kames Park 8/1
Mull of Dubai 8/1

Ladbrokes, Corals and Hills all go longest Nelsons Column, so there has to be a worry as to his well-being. Not helped by his woeful effort last time. That said, I can see him getting a soft lead here on a track much better suited. Compared to the tricky races at Chester I think I'd be better off oming down the pitch for a thump here than frittering there. So whilst he isn't in the normal price range for a £500 challenge bet I think I'll throw him in anyway.


£500 Challenge
£12.50 win Nelson's Column at 7/1 or better

Running Total
£518.15

1 comment:

  1. Another poor bet I'm afraid - on reflection. The beast drifted to 14/1 and something must be wrong the way he folded. The vibes were there.

    Certainly not one for the £500 challenge - the normal racing fund can absorb such poor bets/pokes, not the challenge.

    Must try harder!

    ReplyDelete