Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday 23rd July

The golf over the last two weeks hasn't done the £500 challenge much good, and I think I'll ignore last round leaders from now on!

The golf fund actually made a profit on its bets - with Richard Green being top Australian and Els placing. My trading fund fared less well though, with only Harrington able to hurt me on the last day. I did manage to minimise losses in the fund, trading out Garcia in dribs and drabs over the tournament, which at least made me feel more like a professional than the idiot I probably was.

The Tour is still finely balanced but again it looks like I may get gubbed by my only remaining red - Rasmussen. Inclined to sit and suffer for now. Contador looks the real deal for the future, doesn't he?

I could do with some decent racing to get me going again. Nothing doing today. We need some decent weather ahead of Goodwood (and York), which after my personal Ascot washout is beginning to look key to my season's success.

Today I'm going to do some research into top 5 finishes in golf tournaments over the last few seasons, and finalise my football league accumulators.

No comments:

Post a Comment