Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday - golf £500 Challenge

It was only last week that Mickelson cost us having looked away and gone. And here I am about to do it again on Garcia.

He's well clear, bar Stricker. Stricker is solid enough in contention but hasn't won for an age. In truth neither has Garcia and the last twice he was as comfortably in the lead as this going into the last round he blew it.

However, there's rain around and that to me is a huge advantage for him. Yesterday people were able to move up the leaderboard through shooting low. Turn it into a war of attrition and Sergio only has to keep the ball on the fairway to win. Over 1.7 on betfair looks fair to me.

I still carry the scars of Mickelson, (and and Van de Velde and Bjorn in past Opens), so put a lay in for something like 1.1 just in case- (I won't bother with this when accounting for £500 challenge though).

£500 Challenge
Garcia £15 win at 1.7

Running Total
£609.74

2 comments:

  1. That's my weather man sacked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Would you believe it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete