Saturday, July 28, 2007

Racing - Saturday 28th July

Three good bets here today, but on reflection none of them good enough for the £500 challenge.


Ascot 2:35
One Hour performed badly last time out, but still looks the one at 11/4 against very disappointing older horses.


Ascot 3:10
Al Khaleej 4/1
Ea 5/1
Mesbah 7/1
Gongidas 7/1
Annemassee 12/1
Mr Aviator 12/1

Not a race to get stuck into. Notable that Corals are also shortest about Mesbah, and with 17 runners I'l take the ew 10/1 but not a headline bet.


Ascot 3:45
Been doing well this year not getting dragged into these races. On my tissue King of Argos and Third Set are backable - I'll wait.

Ascot 4:20
Dylan Thomas 6/4
Scorpion 9/2
Maraahel 7/1
Prince Flori 10/1
Youmzain 11/1
Laverock 12/1
Sergeant Cecil 20/1 (for love!)

Prince Flori was the ew bet with three places ap. On good ground I can't see why Dylan Thomas is so long.

York 3:15
Site running slow so no tissue -
Winged Cupid looks a good bet to beat Eagle Mountain here.

York 3:50
El Bosque - only 7/2 with me - no pace in this - should make all.

3 comments:

  1. Third Set and Dylan Thomas saved me from disaster - my headline bets were terrible - sorry.

    The use of Scorpion as an unannounced pacemaker really sticks in the throat.Anyone new to racing backing him could be easily forgiven for never betting on the horses again. This lack of transparency in a group 1 event is long-term another nail in the coffin for the sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Hello Tooting. Stuck with Skhilling Spirit. 'A smart bet' I mentioned to the other half, on the basis its third last time was due to missing the break. 'Won't that mean you are risking the same again?' said she. Obviously knows nothing about racing. Silly billy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Bosque appears just as stupid with the benefit of hindsight Saturday Gambler.

    My plan when he was 7/1 was to wait until he missed the break and back him in running. Couldn't believe the Frank Spencer inspired gamble.

    However, I must admit when he planted in the stalls, my first thought was - Iain...

    Give us a call during Goodwood. Catch up now I'm back into a routine.

    ReplyDelete