Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday 15th July

I have a betting theory that I will be trialling again today. It's based on names and the notion that punters (and indeed odds compilers) will be averse to something they can't spell or pronounce, leading to value. My original theory was based on the opposite of this. And I fully expect a run on Boo Weekley prior to next week's Open as people jump on-board simply as fans of his name.

Today I will be following this system in the Irish Oaks. The front two are solid and Peeping Fawn's drift may make him backable. Of the two obvious challengers All My Loving looks like he's going to be over bet and Timarwa may be backable. However, I'm following the notion of an upset in the ground to its limit and backing O'Brien's other horse - out of Montjeu so should love the ground and should step up on her first run. Formwise she's no chance of course, so forget £50 challenges. Not many peple will be able to fill out the slip properly so 33s should hold up at least for a while!

Uimhir A Haon ew at 33/1

Get cheering. See "Go Boo" is much easier isn't it.



1 comment:

  1. So much for theories!

    At least Peeping Fawn became very backable - these betfair overreactions can provide terrific pickings, my bets on late drifters are running at 145% returns so far this season.

    ReplyDelete