Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday July 24th

I spent yesterday doing some golf research and think I'm going to follow a new angle until the end of the season. I'm fed up with the win market where any value is frankly too small to bother about and it's just too hard for golfers to win. The end result is too many bets and too long losing streaks.

My new focus is on the place market, and my research focused on pricing up top 5 prices. I intend to take the 'value' in the each way markets and lay off the win bet. If successful I imagine it won't be long before I get limited but that would represent a step forward on where I am at the moment with golf betting!

This week's straw man is Fasth - who I'll take at 14/1 ew top 6, and ditch the win element on betfair. Should this new approach prove successful it would fit in very well for £500 challenge purposes - better than the golf has fared so far anyway!

In the Tour I've hedged out most of my Contador winnings to cover Rasmussen. Contador has a chance but I don't think he can break Rasmussen - and the last thing I want to do right now is lose on the book overall. I need Evans to hang on for 3rd to be sure of that.

No racing worth bothering with today, perhaps a couple of spot plays in the early non-impossible races at Yarmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment