Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday 24th September

I'm looking at three races today with betting potential.



Kempton 1:50

Only two with any worthwhile form and an unraced one from Mark Johnston. Greylami should have little difficulty placing here. I'll play at 1.5 or better.


Leicester 4:00

Birkside looks a legitimate favourite in the claimer, mainly as the only horse to have the winning habit. He did look to dip mid-season, but has still won 3 of his last 7 races. The going is currently pretty quick which would be a worry, but if the rains come to take the sting out – I could play at Evens or better.


Hamilton 3:40

Bonny Rose has run two decent races, just gunned down late last time, admittedly by 100/1 shot but that price looked totally wrong after the race, rather than Bonny Rose looking hopeless. The going an imponderable as above. Also there is an unraced stablemate in here as third favourite so market clues will decide, but I think I'd play at a shade of odds on should the stablemate prove easy to back.


With my new head on I'd rather play these than guess whether Welsh Emperor is going to get caught up in a speed duel or not as I would have done in the past.



£500 challenge
Greylami £15 place at 1.5 or better


Running Total (lucky to skip yesterday)
£542.99

No comments:

Post a Comment