Saturday, September 08, 2007

Racing and football 8 sept and £500 challenge

Not quite the start to the weekend I was hoping for with France blowing it and Millwall losing tamely. Lucky I was out enjoying myself instead of home wondering how long I'm going to continue being hopeless at this game!


Leopardstown 2:40
Red Evie 9/4
Arch Swing 9/4
Echelon 3/1


Pretty tight. Not sure about the fitness of Spencer but Red Evie takes some riding. Potentially a problem not factored in.


Leopardstown 3:50
Dylan Thomas 4/6
Finsceal Beo 11/2
Red Rocks 9/1


Corals have this as a penalty-kick for Dylan, and looking at his course form it's not hard to agree. I keep looking at Finsceal Beo though, 8/1 looks too big to me should she be back to her best, and I like the fact she goes here rather than in the race above.


Haydock 2:35
Olympian Oddyssey 6/4
Winged Cupid 4/1
Caldra 11/2


All about the Olympian Odyssey for me. He's well clear on ability/figures etc, but I think people will try to get after him – not least because of that 1-12 strike-rate. I think that fear is already factored into my prices to be honest, so I'll go for a thump, both at the 15/8 currently available, and again if he drifts further.


Haydock 3:10
Sakhees Secret 5/4
Asset 9/1
Marchand Dor 9/1
Hellvellyn 9/1
Amadeus Wolf 16/1
Balthazaars Gift 16/1
Red Clubs 16/1
Per Incanto 16/1


I can see why people may want to oppose a poorly drawn Sakhees Secret at the price, but I just can't get excited about any of the opposition. I guess there's a chance Sakhee's could drift beyond 6/4 when I'd get interested. Watching brief.


Kempton 2:50
Imperial Star 3/1
Shahin 4/1
Al Tharib 4/1
Lion Sands 9/2


Al Tharib and Shahin could get hooked up in a speed duel here if not careful. Imperial Star weak (possibly because of Havlin) but back on the course where he looked like he was going to be half useful, and would be the one to benefit from a good pace.


£500 Challenge
Olympian Odyssey £15 at 15/8 or better

also


Israel +1.5 against England £15 at Evens.
(Yes, I can see England winning, but only just and the 1/3 win odds should probably be closer to 4/6!)


Running Total (a few bets in-running)
£535.99


No comments:

Post a Comment