Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thurs 20th September

The new direction my horse racing betting is going has the capacity to reduce this blog to a non event.


Usually I'd have put up three tissues for the bigger races today. However, I've consigned them all to the too difficult bin and am instead wondering on the merits of Hamish McGonagall in a class 5 2 yr old maiden auction event at Ayr. A line I never thought I'd write! (For what it's worth he looks opposable at around the Evens mark).


What I think I'll do to keep the place ticking over is alter the £500 challenge slightly to “best bet of the day”. The Challenge is pretty much back where it started anyway – due to the woes of this summer - so we may as well. Having a nap a day wouldn't be an approach I'd recommend, so I won't be dogmatic about it.



Today's £500 Challenge bet.


Rabotnicki somebody or other are playing Bolton in the UEFA cup. They're from Macedonia or somewhere. See the problem? I'm a big fan of backing things people can't pronounce let alone spell. Plus Bolton have been terrible so far this season and may well be interminal decline. I have no idea if Rabotnicki can give them a game, but I do have some ratings that suggest Bolton should be something like 2/1 instead of the 4/7 they are.


The price looks to reflect a certain bias.


Rabotnicki £15 at 5/4 or better +0.75 Asian handicap


Running Total
£523.99

No comments:

Post a Comment