Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sat Sept 1 - racing and £500 challenge

Still in shock that the twins didn't win Big Brother! The £500 Challenge has had a torrid couple of months. I wouldn't blame anyone for losing the faith. I virtually have!


Terrible racing today. I'll put up a couple.


Chester 2:50
Bauer 2/1
Sagredo 7/2
Dansili Dancer 9/1
Lundys Lane 9/1
John Terry 16/1
Galient 20/1


Interesting race. Galient needs to rediscover form, John Terry is a dodgepot, and Lundys and Dansili supposedly proved their stamina in a race run at a crawl. The other two are improvers and I'm struggling to see how the prices should be so different. I think the notion that Bauer would have been competitive in the Ebor may be forcing him into too short a price. I'll play Sagredo at 6/1 which looks huge and offers place value as well.


Chester 3:25
Giganticus 4/1
Laa Rayb 6/1
Robema 6/1
H Harrison 7/1
Dhaluar dhar 12/1
Fremen 12/1
beauchamp Viceroy 16/1


With New Seeker out there is a chance that H Harrison will get free on the lead for the second day running. Pricewise has ruined the price but 10/1 still looks fair. Whether the jockey can get the fractions right, or whether he will get bustled up early remains to be seen. I think I'll be looking to get out in-running.



£500 Challenge
£7.50 ew Sagredo at 6/1


Running Total
£515.74
(Blackburn not accounted)

No comments:

Post a Comment