Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Sept 15

Doncaster 3:15
Honolulu 5/2
Lucarno 9/2
Macarthur 6/1
Mahler 10/1
Raincoat 10/1
Regal Flush 10/1
Veracity 10/1


I now have a free bet on Lucarno at 16s so that would do. I have a strong feeling that Gosden thinks Raincoat has a better chance though. Also not sure why Veracity is so weak. I think both have place chances and that may be the way to go.


Doncaster 3:50
Wake Up Maggie 2/1
Arabian Gleam 2/1
Duff 4/1


Duff did me a favour last time. He got the fractions spot on that day on a track to suit. Doncaster hardly the place to repeat it, and Pricewise probably ruined any price to compensate for the doubts despite me still having him as 'value'.


Goodwood 4:05
Galeota 7/2
Aeroplane 7/2
Shmookh 7/2
Pivotal Point 7/1


Wouldn't take much for me to want to get involved in backing Shmookh.


I'll also try and bust my way out of trouble with a treble from my 'virtual stable' which admittedly has had a bad virus all year! Raincoat, Duff and Shmookh.


Football

Everton and Portsmouth are typically underestimated against the big guns lunchtime – I'll get with both at better than 11/10 +0.5 on the Asians.


And Cardiff remained overhyped. Which leads us to Holloway's well-organised Plymouth at 13/10 or better.










3 comments:

  1. nice job with Lucarno. As you mentioned in a previous post wins like this one tend to put things onto an even keel..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Toad. yes - I felt a lot better Saturday night (long way back yet though.)

    Apart from Lucarno the big moment was when I last minute changed sides from a strong Duff to a weak Arabian Gleam, who then beat the former in a driving finish. Luck helps a lot in this game!

    That and my new approach of concentrating on uncompetitve races (of the like I used to avoid), I hope gets me back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of adopting the same approach (focus on uncompetitive races) for the national hunt season (novice chases/hurdles) so will pick your brains closer to the time..

    ReplyDelete