Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday 30th November

That's a week of losers for the challenge. Pleased to see Double Intruder got a non-trier's ban yesterday – talking through my pocket no doubt but I thought it was very smelly personally.



Newbury. I'd be inclined to row in with Nicholls' horses at one of his favourite meetings if they hadn't become so overbet over the last year or so. Plus I'm happy to take Silverburn on, so let's start there.


2:35
Three potentially good horses get their first chase starts in a tough little heat. Hobbs Hill has jumped really well so far, and I think that's going to hold him in good stead here. Granted he has a penalty to overcome but this race historically has massively favoured those with experience, and I'll always take what a horse has already achieved over what trainers say their horses may achieve.



£500 Challenge
Hobbs Hill £15 win at 4/1




2 comments:

  1. Lovely performance. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up winning at the festival. If he was mine I'd lean towards the Arkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:51 PM

    You called it spot on ,jumped well made all stayed on (sporting Life) ...Try and find me one in the morning ,appart from Paul Jewell doing Ince Ive had a shocking week ....Jonah

    ReplyDelete