Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday 26th November

Ho hum – horses scattered all over Aintree yesterday! I only spotted the Cedrus Libani match after rushing to put up the Bechers Chase, but of course with the benefit of hindsight that would have made a much better challenge bet!


And then somehow Blackburn failed to finish off a woeful Fulham. I just don't get chairmen. (Billy Davies sacked this morning for what? Achieving an impossible promotion?)


At Fulham Coleman, who was something of a club hero, was sacked after years of having to sell the best players – Davis, Saha, Finnan, van Der Saar, Malbranque. Then suddenly his replacement is given 20 million which he promptly squanders on a bunch of Northern Ireland journeymen.


Racing not good today. I was going to suggest Star Shot at Ludlow but there has to be a doubt about him lasting home, even there.


We'll play the other novice chase instead. Ayr 1.40. Barryvogue came up against a very decent novice in Ice Tea last time, and some judges also questioned the ride on Barryvogue. He seems to be in a match here. The price isn't one to get excited about, and we're down our last 3 bets. It's all I can find today though.



£500 Challenge
Ayr 1:40 Barryvogue £15 win at 5/4+

1 comment:

  1. oh no - gubbed on run-in. I'd love to be able to say I traded out at 1.11 (I did try!).

    ReplyDelete