Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday 17th Nov

As good a day as yesterday would be nice.


Cheltenham 1:25
We opposed Willyandwoody on his debut and he could hardly have been more impressive. Findlay looks to have found another top-notch horse and the only worry is that he doesn't appear to be smashing into it at the moment. 7/4 looks long to me.



Cheltenham 2:00
I was going to skip this but I just can't let Falcon's Fire price go. He seemed to beat Franchoek fair and square and 5/1 seems ridiculous in the circumstances (or Franchoek's price does).



Cheltenham 2:35
Granit Jack 3/1
Crozan 11/1
Lantartique 11/1
Idole First 11/1
Private Be 11/1
Three Mirrors 12/1
Knowhere 12/1
Vodka Bleu 16/1
Bob Hall 16/1
Ponmeoath 16/1
Copsale Lad 16/1


My tissue certainly reflects my ante post book, so probably my pocket talking. My portfolio was damaged by Don't Push It being withdrawn and then by Granit jack scraping in, so I'm not particularly hopeful. Pleased to see Pricewise pick Three Mirrors though as I do have him onside at 80/1.



3:40 Cheltenham
D'Argent could repeat his first time up win last year. Sir Rembrandt appeals if freshened up for the move, as one to plug on for a place as he has done in a couple of Gold Cups. I'll do an each way double him and Falcons Fire and an ew treble chucking in Three Mirrors!




£500 Challenge
WillyandWoody £15 win at 7/4
Falcons Fire £7.50 ew at 5/1



1 comment:

  1. L'antartique was in my big winning treble at the festival so of course I was on early - wasn't very confident this morning though.

    Pales into insignificance really when a horse you've backed dies - and Willyandwoody raised the old moral problems about racing, (only to be joined by Granit Jack an hour later).

    A very downbeat day.

    ReplyDelete