Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday 24th November

I'll skip the Kauto Star puzzle today (complicated further by heavy rain in the area apparently). I'm one of those very concerned about the laziness at Aintree, but can't find an obvious horse to beat him, and my midweek each way tickle on Turpin Green, whilst having the plus of three places, has the minus of looking a rubbish bet!



Ascot 1:20
I have New Little Bric at 2/1 and Flying Enterprise at 4/1. FE did us a big favour last year, so is something of a stable horse for me, whilst New Little Bric looked like he was going to be special last year, but is somewhat stymied by a preference for right handed tracks. This should suit.



Ascot 1:50
I just can't get excited about the front four here. Afsoun is favourite simply because of doubts about the next three – a declining Hardy Eustace; a 'gone' Detroit City, and a plodding Wichita Lineman for whom this is a prep. Step forward Kings Quay who did us a favour at Wincanton. OK, so this trip doesn't look the thing for him, and he's got loads to find. That's in the price. Hopefully he'll be ridden for a place, which is where I'll be focusing my energy at 5/2 or better.


Ascot 2:20
Pablo looks a terrible price, especially given all the front runners here. If it's a right old tear-up expect Hasty Prince to come through late for a place at least. If common sense prevails I'd rather side with an improving Bishop's Bridge and Charlton Kings than anything else.



Football.
Portsmouth remain under-rated and Birmingham remain pants. They haven't beaten a decent side all year, and losing Bruce may not be much of a loss long-term, but can hardly help today. 7/4 for the away win looks very fair.




£500 Challenge
New Little Bric £10 at 9/4
Flying Enterprise £5 at 5/1


1 comment:

  1. I was due a bad day! (though in reality rather than blogworld Opera Mundi actually saved my day).

    Portsmouth didn't disappoint though. Wish I'd made that the challenge bet now.

    ReplyDelete