Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday 5th November

Ouninpohja went from 1.9 to 1.5 for the place on Saturday, so I guess Harry lost more than us! Lack of pace was the problem and I'm not sure I even looked at that in such a big field 2m handicap.


Still, Betfair comes into its own in 8 runner races when there's a withdrawal so Monkerhostin's 3rd was welcome, and Blackburn hanging on left the challenge up for the weekend. Sadly my own betting didn't fare so well. As usual.


Onwards.


There's a couple of fairly solid place horses for small stables in novice hurdles today. I'll be backing them both at better than 4/6. The favourites should keep the prices competitive, so let's play an old fashioned game and see if the bookies will play.



£500 challenge
£7.50 ew double (at around 4/1 each)
Stagehand 1:10 Warwick
Hansomelle 1:30 Plumpton

No comments:

Post a Comment