Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday 23rd March

Tiger has work to do today. We may need Vijay to get us some consolation money, but let's see how the Aussies stand up under the strain of leading for 25 holes in a day.


I was going to concentrate on Man Utd today but have reconsidered. The prices today seem to under-rate both home sides. On my prices we can actually afford to keep the draw partially on-side in both fixtures. It's unusual for the big matches to be priced wrongly, but it's a featture of these matches that the away team is overrated. Essentially this is because of all the tribal money bookies know they will field. Plus in this instance there are reasons for the bookies to want to get Man Utd and Chelsea, and to avoid Liverpool. It all looks an overreaction to me though.


Benitez has a record of 5 losses in 6 and no goals against Utd. And Liverpool have not scored in their last 4 away games at top half teams. There is a touch of my boyhood hero Dalglish about Torres. On the other hand, and this could come back to bite me, he seems painfully one footed. I've missed him rattling in the goals of late but prior to that I thought he'd struggle against the best defences. Not that Utd have their best defence.


Chelsea and Arsenal both have questions to answer at the moment. And draw more often than not. I'll stick with my ratings though, and Chelsea's midfield to nullify Arsenal's eye of a needle passing.


We make a profit on one draw and a win, and lose half our money on two draws. Either side winning and the other losing and our losses are minimal. Best not to dwell on the other outcomes.



£500 Challenge

Man Utd £12.50 at 1.8 -0.25 Asian h'cap

Chelsea £12.50 at 1.95 -0.25 Asian h'cap

No comments:

Post a Comment