Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday 13th March

Well, we have all yesterday's bets still going! The ground looks to have dried up though so my soft ground attack at the NH Chase and Sun Alliance looks to have evaporated. Ice Tea comes back into the equation if it has dried out.


Of Thursday's proper racing. People are going to bet like madmen today. A day off yesterday - drinking and opinionating - are going to have everyone gagging to get stuck in, top up their alcohol levels and start chasing a couple of races early with a stack of them still to come. I expect people to hit a wall somewhere round the Racing Plate! Even though I'll be sat here sober I fully expect to be getting into the spirit of the battle, so for the challenge fund I'm going to hedge my bets and keep it very simple.


Ryanair

I really like Mossbank here. I was very impressed with him last time and he looks to have been kept fresh for this ever since. A slight doubt about jumping left handed and The Listener could get them all at it if given a soft lead. I have Lantartique on board as he was part of my enormous treble on this day last year, but doubt this race will suit and he was mulish last time. Turko is also onside but frankly I doubt he'll be good enough.



World Hurdle

Inglis Drever looks like he's going to drift all day. Which is great because he should be odds on. I'm not worried about the yard form. I am a little worried about the change of track because he truly loves the new course. I do have Kasbah Bliss at 20/1 and he finally looked like he may stay at Haydock last time but that flat track would have suited more than here. Aitmatov could maybe surprise at a big price if he stays. But enough of such idle fancies – Inglis smells his way home from the top of the hill and that's that.



RP Plate

Mighty Matters looked great at Sandown and if he repeats that left handed he'd going to make 16/1 look yummy. Bible Lord travelled better than all bar Denman in the Hennessey until running out of gas and the stable could hardly be in better form. They'll do for me.



Fulke Walwyn

I can see Burntoakboy bouncing back to form on a track he loves. And we have to keep Ferdy Murphy chasers – Joes Edge and Noir et Vert - onside especially with two top amateurs up.



Pertemps/Bumper

Are you kidding? I'm tired!



£500 Challenge

Mossbank £10 win at 10/3

Inglis Drever £15 win at 5/4 or better


No comments:

Post a Comment