Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday 6th March

Back on an even keel hopefully. That was a tough few days. Or as Anne remarked “you looked like you were imploding.”


The attraction of this lifestyle (apart from not having to be a corporate slave any more) isn't the notion of something easy. It's actually that it's so hard. I've never really found anything else I've done for a living particularly challenging – soul-sucking drudgery maybe - but not difficult. That said I'd settle for an 'easy' Cheltenham!


I said I'd be back Friday, so I won't put up a challenge bet. However I will be playing 'mug' doubles for my daily bet. These are on the face of it are silly bets at bad prices to be avoided at all costs by the shrewd and serious. That's fine, but four or five times a year a card screams at me to do them, and I assure you the record over 10 years is very profitable.


Today Mike de Kock has an incredible set of runners at Nad Al Sheba (first 6 races), and none of them hindered by terrible draws or similar. 15 doubles for me and an each way accumulator.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Ask Anne to keep your pecker up at least till the end of next week! Nice to see you back sounding a little more upbeat, c,mon lets make some serious loot...Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Jonah !

    Not on Mike de Kock's runners today though...

    The threat of rain is making Verasi's price for Sun Alliance very attractive (particularly non runner no bet). Done us plenty of favours, and a serious chance if the going does get soft. Connections say they'll pull him out if rains don't come. 33/1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I have had a weather warning through in work predicting some very heavy rain (storms)Sun /Monday especially down the west of the country .Ive got a feeling the ground will come up soft at least for the first couple of days down there.Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Takes a lot to make it soft at Cheltenham. That said they have been watering...

    ReplyDelete