Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weds 12th March

Good opening day. I'm off to the course tomorrow so here are the challenge bets early.


Ballymore

The market looks right to me. I have Group Captain at 25s, Aigle Dor at 20s and ForPaddy at 6s, which is as nice as the Champion Hurdle yesterday, and probably as pointless! Don't see the need to get involved again though.


Sun Alliance

Oscar Park at 14s and Verasi at 33s (plus battlecry at 100/1) are my ante post ones here, and actually I continue to like them now. If the going remains the same as yesterday Verasi has a real chance. I don't think there's much class in the race and guts could be the key. Oscar Park probably is the class – even if Dave Nevison says he jumps like a snooker table. They'll form part of the daily challenge.



Queen Mum

The front four all have their chances and all their doubts. I have Master Minded at 25s so again will stick with that.


Coral Cup

Our pre-festival tickle on a few outsiders is looking interesting now that King Harald is a non runner and Crack Away Jack won. Take Your Mark becomes one to be very interested in! Of the rest County Zen should have gone for the Ballymore but I guess I'll back him anyway, and chuck in Naiad de Misselot and Astarador.



NH Chase

I was keen on Ice Tea earlier in the week but the ground looks to have gone. Instead I find Sherwoods Folly catching the eye. He jumped much better last time, travels and stays. 33/1 has to be taken, or 28/1 with an extra place.



£500 challenge

Oscar Park £6 win at 15/2

Verasi £2.50 ew at 20/1

Sherwoods Folly £2.50 ew at 33/1

£1 rev fc Oscar Park/Verasi

£1 ew double Verasi and Sherwoods Folly


1 comment:

  1. What a waste of a day. A friend has tickets for tomorrow and Friday - how did he manage that amount of luck!

    These bets were based on soft ground but today may have scuppered that. Stuck with them.

    ReplyDelete