Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday 9th March

That was a good decision yesterday.


Football is an easy choice today as well.


I've been dutching the big teams in the cup for years now, so yesterday was an expensive reversal and so successful has tbe bet been in the past I had already banked it in my mind!


I reckon it's going to have a strange effect on players for today's games. Yesterday morning they will deep down have known they had no realistic chance of winning the cup. By last night that will have changed, and every team that lines up this afternoon will have been dreaming of Wembley glory, even Bristol Rovers.


I think the most likely result will be two very cagey matches this afternoon, played out by very scared players. Add in the fact that Middlesbrough are hopeless at scoring (only scored more than 1 goal 4 times in 24 games, and only Derby have scored fewer at home), Bristol Rovers pitch is a quagmire, and there could be high winds by this evening, and you surely have to be looking at a lack of goals in both matches.


For the challenge I was going to be putting up Everton to get something out of the visit to Sunderland and I will still be betting that way, but I think I'll switch to FA Cup boredom.



£500 Challenge

£15 Middlebrough game under 2.5 goals at 4/6

£15 Bristol R game under 2.5 goals at 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Oh well not too bad. I hope some of you did everton as well to ensure a profit.

    ReplyDelete