Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday 11th March

King Harald a non runner, which on the one hand is a blow for yesterday's challenge bet, on the other hand we have our first festival return!


Supreme Novices

I go 10/1 the field. Looks wide open. 13 horses could win. I'm inclined to bolster my Khyber Kim ante post bet with a few darts at some of the outsiders – Numide, Sophocles, Tranquil Sea and Blue Bajan. However, Pigeon Island is a rock solid horse. He loves these big fields and the Tote Trophy form has to be better than the novice hurdles most of these have been in. Some of the bookies are going first 4 and a combination of each way with them and place only looks a way in.



Arkle

Noland 3/1

Mahogany Blaze 8/1

Ring The Boss 8/1

Tidal Bay 8/1

Kruguyrova 8/1

Thyne Again 12/1

Clopf 16/1

Leslingtaylor 16/1

Moon Over Miami 16/1


At today's prices Kruguyrova looks appealing, at least each way. The main doubts are front running and whether she'll be allowed to dominate, and whether she'll get home up the hill. On the other hand she could really get a moderate bunch in jumping difficulties. I've got her and Ring The Boss on board ante post, along with Tidal Bay and Mohogany Blaze, so am basically against the only class animal in Noland!



Champion Hurdle

You should know my ante post book is healthy here and I can afford to sit on my vouchers here. I have Osana priced at 4/1 this morning and the only remaining value.



WH Chase

Wide open – 8 runners – most of whom need to find some form. With King Harald out I guess if I play it I would include Fundamentalist, New Alco and Mon Mome, but not one that excites me right now.



Fred Winter

Ashkazar looks home here. Crack Away Jack is weak this morning. He still looks the each way play though, but as we already have him in yesterday's bets, I won't go in again.



£500 Challenge

Pigeon Island £2 win at 11/1 and £7 place at best odds (say 5/2)

Kruguyrova £2 win at 14/1and £7 place at best odds (say 3/1)

£1ew double.



1 comment:

  1. Kruguyrova and Crack Away Jack - can't complain! Osana would have been nice though

    ReplyDelete