Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday 25th April


2009 Challenge Fund (£12340 - £280 in play unaccounted)

Current stake - £120

Sandown:

Looks like anything can win the Whitbread. The gamble apparently materialising on Verasi is a head scratcher with the ground as it is. I'll kick myself if I miss it though, seeing as I've backed him for every P he has alongside his name this year! I'll mainly play a 20/80 on Briery Fox, who I'd have in as one of several co-faves (at around 10/1) to be honest.

Of the other races Kalahari King will win unless the season has caught up with him – Evens is fair, but it's hardly time to be lacing up one's betting boots. And this is the best chance Pipedreamer will have of beating Tartan Bearer I'd have thought – Stoute's horses are being much more gently introduced than Gosden's.

£20 win Briery Fox and £80 place
£20 win Verasi
£30 treble Kalaghari King/Briery Fox/Pipedreamer
£10 treble Kalahari King/verasi/Pipedreamer
and I'll back a drifiting Pipedreamer if I still need to.





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £2500 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)


Pootling along nicely. No obvious bet today – hopefully another horse race bet will pop its head up later.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who followed me today, must be sat there feeling a bit sick right now. Unless they got the 1.02 in-running that is. Twice.

    I may have to revisit my no laying-off in-running decision.

    ReplyDelete