Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday 29th April


2009 Challenge Fund (£12360 - £200 in play unaccounted)

Current stake - £120

Chelsea did us a favour last night, but I was surprised Hiddink parked the bus – I thought he'd press far higher up the pitch. 0-0 makes it very tricky for them next week. Still, qualification still possible -let's see how Arsenal fare tonight - a score draw would suit me ideally!

Ascot has a nice card today.

2:45 – I wouldn't be in a hurry to back Rose Diamond at 7/4. Hopefully the dead eight turn up to give Vitoria a solid each way chance. I put this one in at 7/1 along wth a few others, with the favourite making the book. I've taken £45ew at 12/1 (so watch the non runner arrive), and will maybe play a bit more later.

3:20 – Hard to get away from the impression that plenty of these are better with cut, and Ascot more closely resembles a road on the straight course these days. Laa Rayb looks the solid one, and Perfect Stride probably needs to be kept onside. They can be dutched at Evens which looks fair – I may load it more onto Laa Rayb.

How about something like:
Vitoria £40 win/£80 place
£120 dutch Laa Rayb/Perfect Stride at Evens
£40 get rich quick treble Vitoria/Laa Rayb/Nasri


Mid-week golf madness as usual – let's hope they make the weekend this time!
£20ew double Jiminez and Ogilvy




Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current fund £2330 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)


Ended up with 4 bets yesterday. A maiden at Bath; Barcelona and 0-0 at half-time; the greyhound as advised yesterday; and sadly Cooldine and Joncol at Punchestown, when will I learn that this fund is not about group races! A lot of activity for a small loss on the day. I like the fact the fund is off and running again though.

Definitely a quieter day today though!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Thanks for the Ascot suggestions.
    I'm disappointed that the fields are mainly small,ather messes up the each-way betting.
    Well done with the draw last night. Sadly I forgot about the dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Yes-thank you for the dog-Toots. Over 6 legths clear-now that is what I call a tip!!

    John

    ReplyDelete