Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday 13th June

£500 Challenge Bet” (£954– 4 bets running)


The Croatian fans were singing “Deutschland Auf Widersehen” yesterday. Every gambler I know is opinionated beyond arrogance – or as Danny Baker would have it “Opinions on everything; often wrong; always certain.” Not surprising really, when the job means you make so many decisions – contrarian ones usually. However, alongside their cold blooded, logical side, every gambler I know also has a superstitious side. Mine, and I'm not alone in this, is a wariness of the sin of hubris. Whenever I say anything positive about my gambling I immediately fear the gods of gambling will be listening and punish me with a withering losing streak.


So, for me the Croatian fans might just as well have been begging the gods to meet the Germans again in the semis, where they'll be beaten. On penalties.


Croatia put a spanner in my daily bet yesterday. However, as I said their match price was silly and I happily admit I played them as a hedge and so have already covered my stake on the finalists market. Sorry not to have advised that yesterday, or indeed just put up Croatia to win as I was originally going to do, before my supposedly cast-iron opinions faltered!


No bet today.



Barking Bets” (Banked £200/Current bank £1395)

(The tennis turned out OK, but then I threw in a stinker at Haydock.)

.

  1. Tennis Blake beat Beck £120 at 1.20

  2. Tennis Wickmayer beat South £120 at 1.35

  3. 3:00 Market Rasen Georgian King £120 at 1.30

  4. Rugby Union – All Blacks beat England £120 at 1.11

  5. Rugby League – St Helens beat Bradford £120 at 1.09


No comments:

Post a Comment