Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday 27th June

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1007– 1 bet running)

Looks like I should have stuck with the Williams sisters. Sharapova is rubbish in the wind – she has no thought of taking anything off the ball and her unforced error count was ridiculous. One for the memory banks.

Let's get it on early for the Irish Derby. Why oppose New Approach? Well, personally I thought the Derby may have been one group 1 race too far so early in the season. I was plainly wrong, but surely should be even more worried now. Also, the Derby was run at a pedestrian pace which would have suited New Approach – it could be 10f ends up being his best trip - and not suited Tartan Bearer and Casual Conquest. I see both of these as credible candidates to improve with the experience and the conditions. I'd rather back the two of them at odds against than New Approach at odds on that's for sure. What team tactics O'Brien has in mind is naturally a worry but he can't win every Group 1. Can he?


£25 Dutch Tartan Bearer and Casual Conquest at 7/4 Irish Derby






Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £1522 – two bets inrunning – unaccounted)
(Anyone actually following this part with real bets dodged bullets yesterday as I had two losers I'm afraid. Roddick and the listed fillies race at Newcastle. With Ivanovich looking flaky I'm in for a hard week).

  1. Tennis – Baghdatis beat Stadler £155 at 1.19

  2. Tennis – Kuznetsova beat Strycova £155 at 1.12


No comments:

Post a Comment