Saturday, June 07, 2008

Saturday 7th June

£500 Challenge Bet” (£982– 3 bets running)


The fund looking rather healthy after yesterday. The initial aim of the £500 challenge bet was to show that betting conservatively, you could double your money over a year. Obviously doubling £500 is no big deal, but I chose that sum because that was how I started all those years ago, and because a friend who knew nothing about gambling wanted to dabble with a minimal amount. If you'd used a bigger fund and staked proportionally as I did, then I trust you can see the merit.


Now, I realise one of you is waiting to charge into my Derby longshot but I'm actually not betting on the race today. Look Here has provided me with doubles running onto 5 horses – Kandahar Run, Tajaweed, Dr Freemantle, Casual Conquest and Tartan Bearer. The doubles on Dr Freemantle and particularly Kandahar Run are dribble inducing so they're the ones I'll be cheering. The only horse I really fear is Curtain Call (along with the dark shadow O'Brien's horses cast over all my racing bets).


If I was to price the race up this morning I think I'd go 13/2 each of 7. That means Dr Freemantle and Tajaweed would be the remaining “value” in the race. Then again, if you simply asked me for who I thought would win I'd say Tartan Bearer.


So, not much help. Sorry. Go Henry go!


Instead I'll head for Euro 2008 and our first match bet.


My ratings for internationals are probably not as robust as my league ratings, but I have Turkey at 55% to get something out of tonight's game against an over-rated Portugal. Ronaldo could make that look silly but I'll still play.


Turkey £20 +0.5 Asians at 5/4



Barking Bets” (Banked £200/Current bank £1240 – 2 inrunning, unaccounted)

(Nothing yesterday – not today)


I'm taking a break Sunday/Monday whatever happens in the derby – back next week.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Wow toots. Talk about having all the angles covered!

    To quote a baseball analogy “its bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded and tooting is on the plate. One hit required to win the world series”

    Stoute+Dante+Draw+Pace = Tartan Bearer until pricewise rained on my parade this morning. Managed to get some 13/2 though.

    Stoute+Dosage+Draw +Pace also selected Tajaweed . Lads and Corals are ducking him in the early morning prices which bodes well so I’ll be shouting him home on your behalf in the pub this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete