Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday June 10th

£500 Challenge Bet” (£994– 3 bets running)


As slipperytoad says – there I was Derby day, bases loaded, only needing a single to win the World Series. A sacrifice bunt would have done the trick. And I strike-out, not even swinging. Jim Bolger won't be getting any congratulations cards from me that's for sure. I obviously should have hedged on the damned horse though.


Anyway, I'm back refreshed from a nice break in sunny Dorset. A friend showed me how to fish for mackerel. It's amazingly complicated. What you do is go to the beach, throw a line in the water, reel it in and kill the five mackerel that have kindly leapt onto the hooks for you. Most obliging of them, and they're beautiful barbecued!

I could play the football tonight, and may yet. Greece look slightly too long, and perhaps we could play at +0.5 or lay Sweden.

Spain look hyped short, but I have to say Russia were rubbish in qualifying and I couldn't play them here. We have Spain to win the group anyway, so regardless of whether I get sucked in or not later, no bet for here.


Romania did Ok first match, so that bet remains in play – would have liked them to have beaten France though to be honest, I saw that as their easiest game.



Barking Bets” (Banked £200/Current bank £1257)

(Let's get this going again. Another week passes by without banking any profits – tiresome, but I remain optimistic.Probably too many matches here, but first rounds are where the most mis-matches are, and the most tanking/injury withdrawals/cheating!)


  1. Weber tennis – Blake beat Phau £120 at 1.14

  2. Stella Tortoise – Gonzalez beat Bloomfield £120 at 1.15

  3. Stella Tortoise – Malisse beat Evans £120 at 1.11

  4. Warsaw – Monaco beat Janovicz £120 at 1.14

  5. Warsaw – Robredo beat Przsizny £120 at 1.12

  6. Barcelona – Kirilenko beat Osterloh £120 at 1.10

  7. Barcelona – Cibulkova beat Cohen-Aloro £120 at 1.16


No comments:

Post a Comment