Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday 21st June

£500 Challenge Bet” (£942– 2 bets running)

(Murtagh should sew up top jockey today, and Croatia's failure strengthens the name the finalists bet also).

It's been a rotten Ascot for me. Last throw of the dice here.

Speed Gifted looks too long in the Hardwicke – notable that Corals are ducking him. Marchand D'Or has the form in the book after the Kings Stand this week, but Sakhees Secret was the horse I was most looking forward to backing at the start of what has been a long and lonely week. And in the last Honolulu looks to have a large class advantage. My tissues make these all good bets but frankly my tissues haven't been worth much this week so I won't bore you with them.


£6 win Speed Gifted at 13/2
£3 win Marchand Dor at 6/1
£3 win Sakhees Secret at 11/2
£6 win Honolulu at 5/2+
2 x £1 trebles the above horses.




Barking Bets” (Banked £350/Current bank £1657)
(the outstanding bets all came in and I added another maiden yesterday)


  1. Ascot 3:05 Dutch Speed Gifted/Macarthur/Spanish Moon/Maraahel £140 at 1.15

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear tht Ascot has been such a trial for you Tooting. Hopefully today will change that.
    I have been following your blog for a couple of weeks now (without any finacial investment so I'm not talking through my pocket) and I can honestly say it's one of the best things I've found on the net in ages. It puts an awful lot of paid subscription services to shame for the daily dross that they serve up. Witty,to the point, warts and all. Top blogging. I may even start to invest myself soon - apologies in advance if that brings about a corresponding drop off in winners.
    Keep up the good work.

    Onebrickshort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Misery loves company. My virtual stable runners at Ascot have all bitten the dust!

    US Ranger in the Golden Jubilee and Knot on Wood in the Wokingham are carrying the Toad colours today.

    Not looking forward to updating the betting ledger Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome onebrickshort - and thanks for the kind comments. I remain upbeat about both the daily challenge and the barking bets - so hopefully you'll make some money should you join in. It's my racing fund that's hit
    the buffers!


    Sorry you're boat is listing likewise Toad! How's the baseball experiment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:25 PM

    baseball on hold for the moment. In the final stages of house sale and my mind is elsewhere. To keep me in the game backing virtual stable blind as no effort required.

    crossed fingers, exchange happens next week, then its back in the batters box for start of July.

    ReplyDelete