Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday 22nd June

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1008– 1 bet running)

Honolulu rescued yesterday. Actually Sugar Ray and Honolulu dug me out of a nasty looking hole, and that was some ride from Ryan Moore on Sugar Ray.

Russia are making the 'name the finalists' market look a close call now – they have been magnificent the last two games. And I think I can aftertime a bit and say I backed them pre tournament at 60/1. I think I can aftertime because I sold the bet at 65/1 after their first game!

I've played the tournament badly actually. I seem to have been veering away from pre tournament tactics and responding wildly on a bet by bet basis. For example I was going to bet every quarter final to be a draw (43% based on previous tournaments). I bet the first one (lost) and then failed to back the next two (won), and so now am faced with whether to play the last one. I think with my approach shot to pieces I'll sit out the rest of the tournament and just enjoy it.

A contributory factor to what is essentially piss poor betting has been that Ascot has been a distraction, and a liquidity and confidence drainer. It is a problem of my approach that sometimes I spread myself too thinly across sporting events.

The daily bet also fails sometimes – because I can't decide on which of two bets to choose from differing sports. I think I may have to work on that.

Anyway I'm off to the Mid West show in the rain today – a sort of Glastonbury with pigs instead of music. So no bet today.



Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £1549)
(I decided to bank profits this week a day early – creative accounting to put me nicely ahead! We've actually doubled our money – a hell of a lot quicker than the fund above. And we've landed 42/45 bets over the last three weeks – over 90% each week. That may be partly down to me choosing better, and avoiding trouble, or it may just be a run of luck. We'll see.)


  1. Tennis Dutch Federer/Nadal/Djokovic to win Wimbledon £155 at 1.16

  2. Golf Kaymer win Golf £155 at 1.15



No comments:

Post a Comment