Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday 26th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1012– 6 bets inplay – accounted)


Twiston-Davies finally got going yesterday – could have been a handy profit if Crescent Island had deigned to join in! At least the three winners got us most of yesterday's money back.

Campbell and KJ Choi both in the mix so hopefully one of them will remain competitive over the weekend.

Good luck if you're playing Ascot today – you'll need it.

I'll put tomorrow's football bet up instead. There are a few home win shorties thrown up by the ratings. I can't get excited by them though and can see why the bookies are trying to lay them. The exception is the Plymouth v Forest game. It's possible that deeply unfashionable Plymouth are being overly dismissed on the basis of previous home games this season, whilst Forest are nearly always too short. Scoring has been a problem.

Plymouth £25 win at 11/10+
0-0 £2.50 at 11/1+

Five fold £2.50 at 20/1ish Southend/Plymouth/Reading/Mk Dons/Luton




Barking Bets” (Banked £1075/Current bank £3252)
A bet up on the week. Today looks unlikely to add to that.

2:35 Haydock and 7:20 Wolves possibles.



Snippet of the day”
You can't buy time,
But you can sell your soul
And the closest thing to heaven
Is rock and roll.”

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the ball runs for you.

    I was going to play the 2:35 Haydock, but a failed installation of a Windows Service Pack scuppered that - luckily.

    So I played on Pennys Gift placing at what looked a big price instead.

    One to remember next Crescent Island type incident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Aztec Camera, now we are talking. Believe that one pff hit was from their retro period, before we had retro.

    Think it was a similar period to their number with Mick Jones - Good Morning Britain.

    Happy days them. I think I had a sad wedge, a pair of stonewashed Lois accompanied by Stan Smith Trainers. Nice.

    Took advice on Healey for Strictly Come Dancing. I reckon I will sell for a free one, now he's been cut.

    Anyhoo. Still trying to read the the Hatton and Calzghe fights. Do not fancy either of them at the prices.

    Hatton's success has been built upon a massive work rate. When fighting top class oposition he needs to move much more on his feet (his upper body movement has never been that great).

    At the top level the work rate and foot speed required is magnified. Is he going to be hungry/motivated enough to do the training and then apply it in the fight, at that same level?

    Problem is, he has expertly picked his opponent, as he is a pitter pat puncher with a fan base (although his type of punches have a habit of causing marks and cuts). His best perforamnce was against Cotto, where he was brave and accurate, but never looked like winning.

    Therefore his odds look skinny at 9/4. I would take 4/1 - if availavble - on the basis that Hatton could get cut.

    Unpleasant I know but that is my read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Mr SG - I think we are the only ones playing this game!

    Once upon a time I owned the first 5 Postcard singles (picture sleeves natch).

    "Just Like Gold" was supposed to be Aztec Camera's first single but the other side "We Could Send Letters" won the day. I played it all the time at college and sang along with verve and gusto. No doubt its lyrics will appear soon!

    The person who lived above me despaired and has never properly forgiven me.

    That was 28 years ago, so how do I know?

    I married her.

    Tune cheese and fade out.



    (PS I think Hatton's opponent is probably a patsy).

    ReplyDelete