Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday 28th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1028– 6 bets inplay – accounted)


This month has been spent treading water sadly. The golfers look like fading away, and Jodie Kidd did fall into the bottom two only to be saved by the judges (allegedly – and sorry if that spoils it for anyone!).

Two horses today. Sixties Icon (obviously). People are talking up Galactic Star's chances getting the 3lbs and that's fair enough. The difference is Sixties Icon has been winning and hopefully he'll find that little burst of acceleration to do so again. He's in my stable and I'm staying loyal – especially in these situations where he's a group horse against listed horses.

The other one for me today is Tungsten Strike, who is tough, genuine and very likeable – just as long as he gets a soft lead. Which looks very likely today. Granted that, he should prove hard to pass – most of these are dodgepots.

I'm off for a walk and may miss at least one race so I'll trust to early morning guaranteed prices.

Sixties Icon £22.50 win at 11/8 guaranteed
Tungsten Strike £5 win at 6/1 guaranteed
£2.50 win double


Good luck with your football bets – nothing for me today.



Barking Bets” (Banked £1175/Current bank £3112)
Arsenal ruined the week. 600/1 in running Hull, and I have to say I seriously considered topping up my bet at half-time. We still managed to bank £100, having dodged a couple of other bullets midweek, so let's not grumble. No obvious bet today.



Snippet of the day”
I think we lost them. do you think we lost them?”
No”
Neither do I”

Who are those guys”.


RIP

2 comments:

  1. My all time favourite film Toots,he was a true great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spend some of the Portsmouth winnings and raise a glass to a true great, and the undisputed master of films beginning with H!

    ReplyDelete