Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Weds 3rd September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1042– 4 bets inplay – accounted)

I was reading up on the golf this morning and saw that Campbell actually beat Dyson – the Tour scoreboard must have had a brainfart Sunday afternoon – that or I need to go to specsavers.

Either way, an unexpected bonus and as it feels like free money I'll reinvest a few quid on Campbell to win this week at the much reduced odds of 22/1, and throw an each way double in with Vijay Singh as well.

Jankovic landed the money for winning her quarter. Safina unlikely to win outright but a small profit overall.

Otherwise - no bet on a very quiet day.



Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2694)
Possible plays:
2:30 Brighton – possibly dutch front two – though short at moment and Rio Gael a slight worry.
4:10 Hereford – possibly dutch front three – keeping an eye on Alecia in market.



Snippet of the day”
There's something I can't quite put my finger on,
About a clockwork monkey beating a drum;
But any time I've seen such a thing,
There's something inside of me knows what it means.”


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Was about to lump on Del Potro to beat Murray but its all over the post and I dont like that.Probably will still go in though.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's rarely a betting proposition either way, but I rate Murray very highly - and would take him to win tonight. Del Potro makes loads of unforced errors - Murray eats guys like that; and I also think Murray has a hold over him from when they were breaking through the ranks.

    Of course, Murray can be frustratingly off-key sometimes, and when his first serve isn't functioning he's distinctly average. But prices look fair enough to me - 4/6 maybe.

    Good luck with whatever you do though!

    ReplyDelete