Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday 11th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1092– 4 bets inplay – accounted)

Ronnie O'Sullivan loves the Snooker League. Fast starts, short games, quick play – perfect for him.

I don't like having money tied up and already have plenty of bets in play but we have to take some of the 11/10.

Doncaster 2:00
Only three horses interest me. Gravitation would be my pick on prices – my tissue has him at 2s. The other two look more ground dependent. Allegretto would probably not want it worse than good/soft and whilst a group horse last year has been patchy this. Gull Wing has a class barrier to overcome but his performance behind Jellystone showed how useful he can be if the going is trenchfoot. I may play all three as a barking bet. I may split bets between barking and up here. I'm sitting tight for now though.

For blog accounting I'll do a split bet on Allegretto and Gravitation.


Ronnie O'Sullivan £15 win Premier League at 11/10
Dutch Allegretto and Gravitation £15 at 1.5+




Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £3149)
(Russia gave me a few palpitations). In good shape. No obvious bets today.



Snippet of the day”
Three lions on a shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
40(ish) years of hurt”.

(The number of years was always dodgy – surely the hurt actually started with Gerd Muller's goal in 1970 quarter finals – it did for this 8 year old, who was too young to remember '66).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:03 PM

    Great analysis of the 2.00,Toots. Thank you very much.
    Did you see Rainbow View? If so,would you consider an ante post bet for the 1000 Guineas? In fact,what are your opinions as regards ante post betting in general?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.

    I don't do much ante post on the flat, and not 2 year olds.

    I do a lot more on the jumps - Cheltenham-wise.

    I used to have a separate fund for ante post bets - I guess the fact I no longer have it suggests I wasn't good enough at it!

    ReplyDelete