Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday 7th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1064– 4 bets inplay – accounted)

“Saturday Gambler” was with me at Brighton. He told me my football bets were rubbish (though he'd done the treble anyway), that Scotland would lose, Murray would win and Amir Khan would be knocked out. We should all be reading his blog!

I was tempted by Murray's odds but I've enjoyed staying out of that tournament so will concentrate on racing today instead.

New Approach has the race at his mercy now – it's hard to see what can beat him unless it gets a lot heavier than the clerk is suggesting right now, or unless he really pulls all chance away. 1.5 would be my price.

The Longchamp race is much more interesting and here I'll follow Pricewise, Willoughby et al and suggest Goldikova has the race conditions strongly in her favour, unlike Henrythenavigator. There's four other credible contenders in this race though, so we'll split stakes across the two races so that we make a small profit on either winning.


New Approach £22.50 win at 8/13
Goldikova £7.50 win at 7/2




Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £2755)
England were 1.14 at half-time last night. Now that was a cracking barking bet. It makes me think there must be an edge generally on overreactions to first half performances in televised football matches. Watching brief from now on.


Snippet of the day”
With an 8 year old's mind for silly rhymes I've been calling Jelena Jankovic – Jelena Skanky Bitch for years now. The phrase came from a great line about friendship in the brilliant TV series 'No Angels' . Having won us a few quid I vow never to say it again. Unless she beats Serena tonight that is!

I'm a horrible little skanky bitch”
Yes, but you're our horrible little skanky bitch”.

4 comments:

  1. A pleasing half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 PM

    top bombing again toots.. you should be a pundit on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers - I wouldn't have much to say on TV:

    No bet; no bet; no bet; no bet; no bet....

    Besides, they don't pay enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Hi Toots,thanks for Goldilocks in france,got me Saturdays back
    Billy

    ReplyDelete