Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weds 10th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1102– 3 bets inplay – accounted)

Regulars will be expecting me to steam into Croatia today. After all, we backed them both games last year, and have them to top the group. I have to say though, it looks like the betting public are beginning to wise up. The England price is beginning to fall into line with reality. A crying shame.

We won't desert just yet – I still have Croatia priced at a shade under what's available but we will look to split bets with a couple of other choices today.

Michael Campbell deserves one last and final chance to get back on track.

And at Doncaster Galeota jumps off the page as the horse most likely to be suited to conditions, especially given his love of the track and this race. There's legitimate doubts about all the others and so I'm willing to forgive his distinctly average form this year. I had him in at a minimum of 5/2.


Croatia £15 win at 6/4+
Michael Campbell golf £2.50ew at 33/1
2:35 Doncaster Galeota £5 win at 3/1+ (7/2 is available - limited)




Barking Bets” (Banked £875/Current bank £3067)
9/9 on the “possible bets” put up here so far this week. Shame I've only donw 6 of them!

  1. Spain beat Armenia £275 at 1.1 (Ladbrokes longer than exchanges)

  2. Russia £275 dutched to beat Wales and 0-0 at 1.2



Snippet of the day”
My wife on watching the finale of Maestro last night. (I'd have loved that to have been a betting event.)

Middle England having to choose between a black man and a lesbian. A retired brigadier in Reigate has just spontaneously combusted.”

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Toots,I managed to get back home for the dog race last night cheers.Could I ask you,do you think laying England at 3.40 is value and do you ever bet place only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if Capello changes formation (e.g. includes Joe Cole in starting lineup) the 3.4 might be value, but if there is no change than the Croatians know how to deal with the English.

    Really small race coming up at the 14:00 Donc with only 3 runners. Surprised to see Flying Clarets priced at 4, thought with the small field it would be max 3.3 or 3.4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy, I thought of laying England but couldn't get excited about the price to be honest.

    My prices were 11/8 and 5/2 so I'd rather back Croatia over 6/4 than lay England at around 5/2 with commission. The truth is the market has it about right.

    Place only betting does happen - though most times I split bet 20% win and 80% place - but I'd say the betfair place markets on the horses are populated by some of the "sharpest" minds.

    boon - yes I was interested in that race - from a soft lead angle. I prefer that angle on faster ground and less galloping tracks though.

    good luck all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toots you are on fire,thanks a million,sorry make that £700,cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start. That should have read £10 Galeota. I'm doing my blog stats out of money now! At least I wasn't understaked in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, that was reminiscent of Munich wasn't it?

    Can't see a downside to be honest (apart from the small loss today obviously).

    England win, which is what I really want, and their prices will soon get back to being wholly unrealistic!

    ReplyDelete