Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday 20th September

£500 Challenge Bet” (£1045– 5 bets inplay – accounted)

Right – back and refreshed; my dog has now seen the sea (and drunk a lot of it) and has hence already ticked off most of his 1001 things to do before you die.

Campbell came good for a place last Sunday and our Champions League bets look well placed. Ronnie let us down mid-week but no need to worry yet. Which leaves the golf – and Casey has already let us down. I've got out of the draw with a bit still on our side.

Today's foursomes are a headfuck. Westwood and Garcia dumped and Wilson thrown in for a debut against a Mickelson who is looking like he was born to play Ryder Cup, revelling in the absence of Woods. That and the presence of Faldo were potentially two big factors in USA's favour and so far so good. Now you have to think confidence, team spirit and crowd are going to kick in further. There is a long way to go but I'm thinking this looks bad. Fair play to Faldo if he proves me wrong but I think he's blown this big time.

As the racing looks tricky and I haven't had time to update my football ratings that'll be today's bet.

(On the Ayr gold cup I'd be prepared to give Rising Shadow at decent shot at reaching the frame and have done a small ew treble him, Ask The Butler and Look Busy, but for interest only.)


Ryder Cup
£30 USA at 1.5+



Barking Bets” (Banked £1075/Current bank £2995)
The last racing bet let me down and nothing since. Probably no bet today as I ease my way back in.



Snippet of the day”
And the Burning Sky keeps burning bright,
And it won't turn off till it's had enough,
It's a greedy bastard that won't give up
And you're just a dreamer if you don't realise
And the sooner you do will be the better for you.
And we'll all be happy and we'll all be wise
And we'll all bow down to the burning sky”

(Ok – enough Jam)


2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Toots have missed the direction.Sorry to hear about Denman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi billy - really hope he comes back OK.

    Mickelson lost the plot completely this morning - could have been the turning point.

    ReplyDelete