Friday, July 11, 2008

Saturday 11th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£971 – 1 bet inplay – accounted)

Ryan Moore has made a few mistakes this year and I think they may be playing with his mind. He's only young after all, and look what I'm like after a few losers! He's generally exceptional at putting a horse in just the right place in a race – a skill much prized when swimming in a very shallow gene pool. But he's been caught late on having gone for home too soon in a couple of big races, and over the last few weeks he's also left it too late a few times. Yesterday was the worst says my pocket, despite the kinks in the horse (and no doubt instructions to not overstretch him). I hope he gets back on an even keel soon. He was one of the few I trusted with my money.


What with that sort of disappointment (no winners this week), and variable going, I'll miss putting up a bet today. Marchant D'Or could have been a bet, but frankly not as favourite and Pricewise pick. I'm not overly worried about ignoring Ascot form, that was a silly race, but am worried that he hasn't actually won outside of France. Plus it's a Group 1 and Aiden has a runner, and when it comes to these races and that outfit, my minds as scrambled as Ryan's seems to be.



Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £1230)
(Clawing back to where we were but it'll take longer than this week). There are some races early this evening that I could play. Iusually miss evening racing as part of maintining a happy home. However, Anne is away at her sisters – they are guests on Saturday Kitchen, a terrible morning cookery show – sorting out her wardrobe and cookery related bon mots).

  1. Tennis – Verdasco beat Rehnquist £155 at 1.06

No comments:

Post a Comment