Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday 15th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£895 – 1 bet inplay – accounted)

That's 7 horse race losers in a row on here. Not good for the bank balance or humour or confidence.

I'm getting very keen for the football season to start!

Still, at least my dog passed his obedience test. It was a strange evening with form turned upside down in the white heat of competition. The german shepherd everyone was terrified of was cajoled and humoured and expertly handled by the trainer herself to sneak a pass. Meanwhile the hot favourite, who had been the star of ten weeks training failed his sit and stay, showing signs of coltishness to boot. Our Bobby also came close to failing the only two things we were confident of him passing. A lesson in what my old profession calls the “impact validity of assessment” - or in real words how the occasion itself can affect your performance. I think Ryan Moore is suffering something similar! (I also wondered to myself what effect having Fallon haunting the gallops might be having on the young lad - I can't see a positive myself.)

Anyway – I'm joining the Tour de France in calling this a rest day.



Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £1200)

The cricket an unexpected bonus. But yet again my first bet of the week was a loser – this time a novice hurdle at Newton Abbott. Nothing obvious today.

No comments:

Post a Comment