Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday 26th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£880 – 2 bets inplay – accounted)

Those who backed Buccellati yesterday did better than me. I sat on my hands.

King George for me all the way today, and regulars will already know the bet.

My tissue
Duke of Marmalade Evens
Youmzain 4/1
Papal Bull 7/1
Lucarno 12/1
Ask 20/1
Macarthur 20/1

Duke of Marmalade is solid, especially with O'Brien's form and planning, but surely not a bet at odds on. I can afford to let him win at that price, that's for sure. Youmzain is a dog – or so I bet last time out to my cost. He remains hard to win with though and I wouldn't trust the trainer to get consecutive Group 1 wins out of him. Papal Bull is also hard to win with, but this time the price more than reflects that. For me, he's been aimed at this race – an eyecatching return, and then left too much to do in the race Lucarno stole. Ryan Moore had a good relationship with him until then, and I'm not Peslier's greatest fan. On the other hand Ryan's head looks cooked at the moment so I'm not disheartened at the switch.


Papal Bull £12.50 ew 14/1

I'll treble him up with Lovelace and Pipedreamer as well.




Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £2455)
Very good day yesterday.

  1. Racing – York 3:15 – Possible dutch £225 front three at 1.2

2 comments:

  1. Oh bugger.

    Really thought I'd landed my bet of the season then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Great call tooting ,Stoute was gutted, he knew as you did the horse was there to win and i m o if ridden with a bit more confidence would have ,anyway someone snapped up my 1.11 and got me out !You were bang on though its only a matter of time before you will hit it right on the money .Phil Taylor will there be another 4/5 shot that far clear of the field with its hand shown this season ?I doubt it .Jonah

    ReplyDelete