Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday 29th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£900 – 2 bets inplay – accounted)

Jonah tells me that Escorialracing is no more. That is very sad. I enjoyed my time there and contrary to some whispers there was a never a falling out when I left. I did see that Ron had tied up with some other tipsters, something that surprised me at the time. I expect we'll see Ron back and soon – he's not one to fade away.


Goodwood today.

I was tempted to do two proper bets. The sticking point is Ryan Moore's confidence coupled with what is a mindfart of a track of a course at the best of times. Plus the heavens may open prior to racing.

Still, Conduit has an open goal here, and Infallible has been crying out for 7f. Conduit could get caught flat-footed off a slow pace as he was last time but there's no Campanologist here and Ryan shouldn't make the same mistake twice. Infallible may have had one race too many but otherwise swooping late here off a fast 7f pace looks ideal. The prices are only fair but they do look two solid bets on an otherwise typical Goodwood day of bumping and barging and gaps that don't come in handicaps you need to be mad or desperate to play.

If I was to throw names into the hat in those hopless races how about Championship Point, Bauer and Orchard Supreme. I'll tie those in with the main two in hit and hope trebles to stop me otherwise frittering money away.


£15 win Conduit 4/6 guaranteed
£10 win Infallible at 13/8+



Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £2504)
Good yesterday.

  1. Tennis – Petrova beat Palletier £240 at 1.08

  2. Tennis – Radwanska beat Dechy £240 at 1.16

  3. Tennis – Azarenka beat Jackson £240 at 1.1

  4. early evening races at Perth and Worcester maybe

  5. Hove dogs – possible matches in 8:35, 9:25 and 9:45


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Is it me or as the credit crunch bites, more and more subscription services are ceasing their operations. Or, in the internet world of “all you can eat for free” are these type of services now outdated? Is it due to lack of interest or the ROI does not warrant the hard work involved to make it pay.

    Interesting times..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, interesting point toad. The internet is definitely all about being free to use these days isn't it.

    Personally I've found that these days you can get as good or better betting info/tips for free than you can for fee (though I do think Escorial's ratings were very good).

    I can think of at least 5 tipsters who provide information for free that is gold.

    Not even counting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:28 AM

    gold tips for free why dont you say who and not keep them yourself then ,if they are for free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if you'd asked nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:11 PM

    it was a statement not meant in any context ,hhumour maybe so let them out the bag

    ReplyDelete