Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weds 30th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£900 – 2 bets inplay – accounted)

No real bet at Goodwood today (barking bets below) which just shows how far I've moved away from horse betting. A couple of years ago this would be a make or break week.

I'm going to split bets today.

  1. Galway. Nicholls plans these raids pretty carefully, and here he's got his horse in a perfect position in the weight by judicious placement of Hoo La Baloo. 11/2 may be a steal or a terrible price – I haven't done a tissue so can't comment. I'l still play.

  1. Women's Golf. I've been waiting for Ochoa to show signs of a revival, after personal problems, and now looks the time to climb back on board.

  1. Goodwood. The only bet that does appeal is our old friend Emma Lavelle's plodder Tomina. Today looks like it could be the day.

    £10 win Oslot 11/2
    £10 win Ochoa 10/3
    £2.50 win Tomina 11/1
    £2 win double Oslot/Ochoa
    50p win trble Oslot/Ochoa/Tomina


CRICKET – I've got cold feet about the draw. The weather here is terrible, and looks set in all day. Anne tells me Brimingham is clear so I should really sit tight. But I've also been musing on South Africa's need not to lose and generally decided to green up. I'll keep the bet going for accounting purposes here, and leave it up to you to twist or stick.



Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £2757)
Very good yesterday – 8/8 for the week, and a bet ahead on profit. Cricket traders say when a batting team is going along nicely you should imagine what the price would be if they lost two quick wickets. And that's what you have to do with this fund. Keep your feet firmly planted.

  1. Tennis – Djokovic beat Bolelli £240 at 1.14

  2. Tennis – Radwanska beat Kurytsova £240 at 1.10

  3. Tennis – Ferrer beat Lapentti £240 at 1.8

  4. Goodwood 3:30 Dutch Henry and Ravens Pass £240 at 1.1+

  5. Goodwood 5:50 Dutch front three £240 at 1.2+


No comments:

Post a Comment