Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday 6th July

£500 Challenge Bet” (£964 – 2 bets inplay – accounted)

Allenby and Furyk – still only one stroke in it.

I have Battledoyle fatigue I'm afraid. I think I'll throw a few quid at King of Rome in the German Derby – he was an eyecatcher at Ascot – and it seems much easier than bothering with form!

I'd play the race as a daily challenge bet but I just don't know the German form so it would be misleading to pretend.


So, instead, a wet Wimbledon tops the agenda. The McEnroe/Borg tiebreaker match remains a big sporting moment in my life. Although Borg went on to win that match there was a real sense that the tide was turning. And McEnroe came back to claim the crown the following year. Watching last year's final I had the exact same feeling. And here we are a year on – where without question Nadal has improved enormously. Federer on the other hand has at best stood still. True, he has been imperious this week. Then again he hasn't played anyone decent. The price for Nadal went weeks ago and is now looking very skinny for a supposed value seeker. But I'll trust my memories and my gut and I'll play.


£25 Nadal win Wimbledon at 5/4




Barking Bets” (Banked £500/Current bank £1500)

I hope some of you got that 1.33 on the Williams sisters – some price – and it didn't last long after the singles final. Long enough to rescue the week. There are a few possible races early on at Ayr and Brighton. Watching and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment