Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday 13th March


2009 Challenge Fund (£14655 - £450 in play accounted)

This month's stake - £120

Now we're talking! Those ante post doubles advised Thursday 5th March proving inspired.

After yesterday's posting I was walking the dog and realised I'd be disappointed if my two bets of the day both won but Ferdy Murphy let me down, so when Naiad Du Misselot folded I doubled up , which turned into bet management of genius, if I say so myself!

Today I intend to enjoy having dug myself out of a hole and off tilt, with some big numbers running on in the Gold Cup.

The Triumph looks impossible. I'd have thought the Irish would be closer in the betting but that leaves me no closer to the winner.

The Bartlett I'm more interested in and will play on Alpha Ridge, who I think should be closer to the front two in the betting – though front running would be a big ask.

As for the Gold Cup – well there's 2k returns should Madison Du Berlais win and I'm happy with that. I think sometime we have collective blindness about horses. Kayf Aramis was a good example yesterday – despite his two wins we collectively seemed unable to believe he had just suddenly got better. Maybe the same is true of Madison – he certainly is the form horse coming into it behind Kauto. However, the bigger hope is Star De Mohaison who will return me 5k+ for the win. I've loved this horse since winning the Sun Alliance at 33/1 and the ground has come right for him. I see Gerald Delamere has joined me in nailing his colours to the mast. With so much running on – I'll press up with a small reverse exacta the two, and hedge with forecasts on Kauto Star to beat them into second. They would be my three against the field – though I'd stand and applaud should Denman return to form.

10 x £6ew doubles for the action
Lethal Weapon
Sesenta
Alpha Ridge
Star de Mohaison
Psychomondo





Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2160 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £210.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 PM

    talking a break from the A/W today after some poor bets this week

    FWIW in the Gold Cup suckered into betting betty's nag Barbers Shop but the one I'm hopeful of a good result *talking from pocket* is Exotic Dancer..

    In the 2:05 Sunnyhillboy and Raise Your Heart.

    ReplyDelete