Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday 12th March


2009 Challenge Fund (£10655 - £300 in play accounted)

This month's stake - £120

Those of you paying attention will have noticed I was on tilt yesterday! I apologise. I think I'm OK now after a good long talking to.

At least my 'stop loss' strategy is on track to only lose 2009's profit should the worst occur (looking increasingly likely!)

Cooldine did kick off some doubles for us, and at least we have Ruby for top jockey.

There's two elements to today for me. Firstly it's Ferdy Murphy day in the handicaps. I'll do doubles and a treble and back them singly if I have to.

Secondly, there's the two 'sure things'. Of the two I think Voy Per Ustedes is the surest personally. However, in a very poor field on current form the only horse who looks likely to give him a race is Imperial Commander and at the prices I'll play him again (already £66 running on at 7s).

I'm less keen on Kasbah Bliss. I e-mailed a friend outlining reasons and I see the Corals compiler has mirrored my doubts exactly in today's Racing Post. Alan Potts on the racing forum pointed out that the world hurdle was run on the old course last year, and the new course has a much stiffer finish, and that I think may be critical. We'll see. I think the front three should be much closer in the betting and so at 6s Big Buck's has to be a bet. Again £66 already running on and I'll double that if I need be.

Should both Imperial Commander and Big Bucks upset the hotpots I would want to be in a position to profit nicely so have done trebles banking those two with each of Murphy's three.

Fair Along is a decent price to grab a place and I'll do an ew double with Star De Mohaison, who I've been quietly backing all week ew for the Gold Cup.



Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2160 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £210.

2 comments:

  1. I hope someone kept the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Great shout Toots, my mate done his nuts on Kasbah! I told him to have some insurance on BB he wouldnt wear it .Enhanced double odds with Voyand Kasbah with Corals told a story .Ive hit the bar for decent money all three days last chance tomoz .Balls on a plate who wins he GC?.....Jonah

    ReplyDelete