Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday 14th March

2009 Challenge Fund (£14300 - £250 in play accounted)
This month's stake - £120

A relaxing day yesterday – and the Gold Cup was a treat visually if not pocket-wise.This four day malarkey drags on though – that was a pretty average card yesterday and I even found time to update my football ratings. Still, after a terrible Monday, and a tilt Tuesday, to come out in decent profit is amazing.

A quiet Saturday today – I will play the Midlands National, but I need to retreat from these handicaps – Cheltenham dragged me back in! I'll throw little more than darts at Officier De Reserve, Russian Trigger, Beat the Boys and Appleaday.

Football – haven't found a ratings bet today, so will stick with draws, and edge up the stakes a little.
Barnsley v Blackpool
Brighton v Yeovil
Bristol City v Cardiff (sunday)
3 x £45 draws at 23/10 and £15 treble at 35/1ish






Barking Bets (Banked £1375/Current bank £2160 – 1 bet in play unaccounted)
This week's stake - £210.

3 comments:

  1. Toad's all weather bets:

    Lingfield 17:15

    Short listed: Stonecrabstomorrow, Qadar, Musical Script, Don Pele


    Stonecrabstomorrow made me look silly earlier this week; this race looks a little tougher in his bid for a three timer and therefore he’s opposed. A dangerous tactic, I will also oppose dropped in class Qadar on account of the draw. Don Pele loses his winning rider which is a bad sign in my book. This leaves Musical Script who drops in grade and has excellent trainer/jocky stats on his side.


    Selection: Musical Script @ 4/1 or better

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I've laid Liverpool.

    On the other hand I've done O'regan doubles at Wetherby.

    What odds Liverpool to hang on and O'Regan not ride another winner, having booted home the first at 14/1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O'Regan did his best to lose on every horse and succeeded spectacularly on two of them! Still a small profit. I was also able to lay Whispering Death in the photo at 1.3 for a couple of hundred - which looked a free hedge to my eyes, and proved so.

    Russian Trigger also a nice win, and I managed to supplement this with the exacta after perusing Escorial's ratings. Anyone who hasn't found his new site :

    www.postracing.co.uk

    Free to use and always interesting to see his ratings in impossible handicaps.

    Football on the other hand was pooh - and some result at Old Trafford. If I wasn't sane I'd suggest collusion to make the run-in meaningful for the money men!

    ReplyDelete