Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday 22nd February

I ended up doing a 20/80 bet on Modicum yesterday after all that musing. I liked the way the horse held up in the betting and the ride bears close comparison to the one at Mussleburgh when he drifted alarmingly. A yard to beware.


Decent enough racing Sandown and Warwick today.


Unfortunately the non runner in the 2:20 has reduced the front runners and, worse, killed the place bet I had in mond for Roznic. Noland has a jump round in the 3:30. Not entirely sure why King of Angels is fave in the 4:40. Oakfield Legend looks more interesting. Arnold Layne and Petite Margot may be dutchable at Warwick.


So, some potential plays but nothing obvious bar the Arkle favourite. I'm afraid he'll have to do for the challenge – it's been a quiet week. 4/1on guaranteed looks fair – the sort of price for a novice chaser to get people reaching for the smelling salts!



£500 Challenge

Noland £25 win at 1/4guaranteed

1 comment:

  1. He really jumps well - will probably hit a flat spot at the top of the hill at Cheltenham - and then who knows.

    I also backed Oakfield Legend today, and had my finger hovering over the lay button for some cheap insurance - unfortunately I thought I'd wait until after the second last....

    ReplyDelete